Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

So it's been a while since my last post.  I have to be honest in saying that I didn't feel like blogging much after my last post.  Well, let me clarify, I didn't feel that our story was as big of a story as what was going on in Connecticut.  I will also be honest in saying, I have plenty I COULD blog about,with regard to that tragedy, but I will hold back(for now).  I will also say that our family was in the same boat as a lot of other people in this country, and that it knocked the wind out of us.

So now that we are all trying to make sense of it and move on, I think we all realize how grateful we are to have our families surrounding us this Christmas.  I will no longer complain about how exhausting the holidays were because we had to drive to a million houses to see people who love us.  We are fortunate to have all those people!!!  I have always said that I hate it when people complain about how they are constantly running after their kids, because I know any parent who has a child who can't, would give anything for that complaint.  So today, instead of freaking out because the living room is a mess of toys or wrapping paper, or my kids were cranky from all the noise and chaos, I know there are a lot of families out there who would give anything to have that back.  So I am thankful for my cranky, tired kids tonight and the mess that they were too tired to clean up:)


So Patrick is on a little holiday vacation from therapy.  We are still working on things with him, but it's nice to just let home have a small break too:). Last week he did some finger painting with his teacher, which he really enjoyed!  We also are waiting on a part for his motified stroller.  He has a base that stays in the house and we can transfer the seat into it, when we are inside.  It has what is called a high-low function, so it can adjust up and down to any size table, so he can sit with us. Sitting in this stroller gives him much more back support.  And it really includes him in whatever we are doing in the house, because I can wheel him around in it as well. So we are excited to get the part that was broken when they shipped it.  I really want to start using it:)


So when the new year starts we will be busy with his appointments.  He will be seeing his pediatrician, sports medicine(to possibly start therapy at Uof M in addition to his home therapy), he will be getting orthotic braces for his ankles so that he can start to put more weight on his feet and legs, ears and eyes check up, cardiology follow up and a kidney ultrasound follow up.  The kidney and heart are just to monitor.  He hasn't seen them since he was 1.   So they want a follow up.  I am sure we will probably see a neurologist as well.  Busy, busy:).  He is doing well overall though.  He is starting to reach further and further for toys and is also trying to grap the spoon or fork when we feed him:). These little things make us smile!!  Oh, and he got his first switch toy from Aunt Laura(thank you;)). He loves its.  If you don't know, they are toys that have a mechanism that allows something to move or play music from a small touch.  It's basically a cause and effect toy.  It teaches him that he can make things work:)

I just want to say how thankful we are for all the people following us!  We have 29 official followers.  Our goal in this is just to bring awareness to PKS.  Of course I will throw in other things, but we really want PKS to have more recognition.  Don't forget to ask questions....I won't bite!  We have also had over 1700 views.  Tell your friends too!!  I also tried to set up a way to automatically send you an email when I blog, but I don't see it anywhere.  If you know how to do this, please email me:)

I hope you all had a great Christmas  and I promise I will write more!!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment