Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

It seems like an eternity since I last wrote...but it's just been a few days.  I took some much needed me time this weekend to celebrate my sister turning the big 3-0 on Christmas (old lady). Haven't celebrated with everyone yet though;). It was nice, but back to the grind yesterday and today.  

I swear I thought my life would be less busy without teaching...I was wrong!!! I have spent more time on the phone dealing with insurance issues, scheduling appts., dealing with equipment for Patrick that breaks or needs replaced, etc. etc.  but I have managed to get the boys on a schedule with what I like to call rotations.  I don't like Patrick to be in any one spot for more then 30-40 minutes.  So I like to rotate him to different activities though out the day.  What can I say, it's the teacher in me:).  So Jameson has fallen victim to this as well.  They usually start with easy things, first thing in the morning.  They LOVE to watch Sprout.  If you're not familiar with it, it's a channel that shows kids shows all day, but they sing songs, have a theme for the week, go over what day it is.  It's very similar to circle time at school.

While they watch that, they are usually sitting up on the floor and have toys in front of them to play with.  For Patrick, I make sure it is the 2 or 3 toys that he enjoys and can pick up on his own, specifically his octopus that April got for him:)). After that, I rotate them in between the jumper, tummy time, just playing on their backs, naps and eating.  Which I won't bore you with specifics of the whole day.  

On Tuesday's and Wednesday's we have visits from Patrick's PT or OT and his teacher.  Starting in January he will be going to class on Thursday afternoons as well.  I will go with him.  I am really looking forward to it:). Today was OT and we spent the time working on everything with him!!!  We started with a massage and working on his muscles to loosen him up, which he LOVES...spoiled boy:). Then we played with some new toys to try and get him to touch them.  We always use things that will play music or light up when touching, so he gets some feedback from what he's doing.  Today he was totally loving this John deer tractor toy.  It had the steering panel on it.  He loved putting in reverse and hearing the beep, beep, beep.  It was the cutest thing!!
Tim wears this same outfit when he drives a John deer tractor too...

After that we did some work on grasping toys.  Then we moved into some side sitting and tummy time.  He used to hate tummy time, but has become much more tolerant of it!  He is able to put weight on his arms for much longer then he used to.  Which I can thank the iPad (and his therapists) for, because we use it to motivate him while he is on his belly.  Which I can thank my cousin, Jason for, since he was the anonymous donor of that.  Oops:). It has been the most valuable gift for him.  It brings him such joy and helps him in so many ways.  I can't thank him enough:)

So tomorrow will be a visit from his teacher.  But overall, everyone is really happy with his progress, especially me:). I am attaching a picture of Jameson and Patrick playing on the floor today.  It was so cute!  Now little Jameson is getting his 3rd and 4th teeth.  His first 2 were on the bottom middle and you would think that his next 2 would be on the top middle, but no...not Jameson.  His next 2 are his fangs.  So he will have 2 on the bottom and his 2 fangs on the top.  Hopefully I can get a picture when they fully pop through.  This child cracks me up!

I am going to post my entries on Facebook for a while.  I know some of you want to have an email when I post, which I don't blame you, I just haven't had time to play with it yet and neither has Tim.  I will remind him to look at it.  Also he will be writing very soon.  His new job is keeping him busy, on top of his family life:). Oh...and little miss Avery would like to write one as well, so stay tuned for that.  

I also wanted to let you know that if you have any questions that your curious about with Patrick, PKS, our family, etc, just ask.  You can write a comment on here, on Facebook or private message me on Facebook as well.  I am happy to answer any question!!!  I mean it:)

Jameson is considering taking him out for that toy.



No comments:

Post a Comment