Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Another year...

Where has the time gone?   Another year drawing to a close.  It's hard to believe!  I did an update for you a week ago, but before I posted....it deleted and so instead of throwing my iPad in a fit of rage, I calmly walked away and ate some cookies.  Seems logical.  So I will try this again.  Many things have changed since then anyways.  Here are a few things we've been doing:
 
Patrick's Christmas Party!  Fun and exhausting:)
  
Avery's Band and Choir Concert.  AMAZING!!!  She did awesome and her school has a fantastic program!
  
Sleep study- saying he hated it, would be an understatement!  Best part was that after he cried himself to exhaustion for an hour, he held my hand and fell asleep.  My sweet boy!
Upper GI-he actually enjoyed this test, even though we were all at U of M for 7 hours:). We knew it was going to take a while, but because of his low muscle tone, his digestion takes a lot longer!!

We found out that he does have obstructive and central apnea.  He will see ENT for tonsils and adenoids and we will go from there.   He also has malrotation of his intestines.  We are waiting to form a game plan for that, because it may require surgery to correct because it puts him at higher risk of bowel obstructions.  So I will keep you updated when we know.

We got both of these results the 2 days after Christmas.  I will be honest and say that it knocked me down a bit.  We have always been grateful for his health and we still are.  But sometimes, no matter what we do to keep him healthy, there are things we can't control.  That is a hard pill to swallow.  We always tell ourselves that we are more fortunate than others....but sometimes this phrase irritates me.  Not to say that I am not grateful.  I completely am....but it also makes me feel like its not ok for me to be upset that my child has something that I don't want him to.  Or who wants to be on the other end of this phrase??   I try with all my power to be positive with this....but some days I don't want to be.  I think that's fine too.  So today, I don't like that phrase.....tomorrow, I may be fine with it.  Hey, I am a woman, it's my job to change my mind without notice. Deal with it! ;) 

More pics:
 
I got new braces and shoes!!!  Pure Stud!

 
Kissing Bubby:)
Enjoying my swing
No explanation needed:)

Please keep our PKS family in your prayers as some of our kiddos have been in and out of the hospital with illness and some have some surgeries coming up soon!!  

Happy New Year to All

XOXO












No comments:

Post a Comment