Thursday, November 7, 2013

Is he spending his days with other women???

Yes, he is!  He comes home everyday smelling of perfume.  No, not my Timothy.....but my sweet Patrick!  Everyday he comes home from school and he tells me about his day, and we cuddle.  I always tell him he smells like other women.  He has a perfume smell everyday, which makes me happy!  It makes me happy because I know he is getting loved!  He is getting cuddled and held and they are just loving him.  How could I not be happy about that?  One of my biggest fears about sending him off to school, was that he would sit in a corner all day or not get any attention.   I know that he isn't.  He is loving it and they send notes home everyday telling me how they are having so much fun with him!!  He is making progress with choice making and today he rode on a modified tricycle!!  The bus is going great, he is doing well with the transition and we are so happy.
First ever school pics.  
I am pondering the meaning of life...

I think we all realize I am not really good at this blogging thing.  I reeeeaaaaalllllyyyy want to be, but I can't do it as much as I would like:(. I hope I get better!!!

Now, December 4 is coming soon, PKS Awareness day!!!  This will mark the 1 year mark of our blog too:). I really want to do something for it.  I have had a few ideas, but nothing has gone through.  I really want to bring more awareness for our PKS kids, so if you can think of anything I could do, email me:). I would be willing to speak, or bring Patrick places, whatever.

As most of you know we are starting a fund for Patrick, which is why we are having a fundraiser with those awesome t-shirts.  There are so many things about having a disabled child, that you don't realize you have to worry about...special needs trust funds, Will, vans, ramps, house modifications, equipment, etc.  This is why we are starting this fund now.  All of these things are expensive!!!!  We all know how well we get along with our insurance companies, and since Tim and I aren't rolling in the dough, this is going to be extremely helpful!!!! We can't thank all of you enough for your love and support!!!  Patrick is so lucky:).

Let's see, what are those other 2 kids up to??  Well Avery is great.  Doing awesome in school, and making friends, and going through the normal fun middle school shenanigans .  We spend a lot of time just being thankful that she is a good kid....and that we aren't going through that time of our life again...no thanks!  Then there is Jameson....what can I say about him.  He is crazy, in the best way possible!!!  He is running around, giving high fives, making out with his stuffed animals(what can I say, he takes after his dad) and just generally making us laugh.
Hanging with my sissy
Don't let that face fool you...
Check out bubbs:)


So things are good.  We are happy to report that Patrick got his bath chair and his gait trainer(walker) is in for us to pick up.  We have appealed to get his bed paid for, we are waiting to hear about that!  So keep your fingers crossed please!  We are not sure how all of these things are going to fit in our house:).  
I'm chilling 

I am going to share the links again for the shirts.  If anyone wants to know about Patrick you can share my blog with them:).   We are so thankful!  Because we have such a great support system, I need a favor and ask if you can keep one of my very close friends in your thoughts and prayers.  Her family has been through a lot in the last year, and continues to have a need for support.  I know I am http://www.3elove.com/pages/i-love-somebubby-with-pks-fundraiserbeing vague, but I will explain when I can.  Just say a little prayer please:).  



http://www.3elove.com/pages/i-love-somebubby-with-pks-fundraiser
http://www.3elove.com/pages/i-love-someone-with-pks-fundraiser

1 comment: