Friday, April 19, 2013

Updates...

It's been a busy week for us!  Appointments, working on the new house, trips and the never ending demands of 3 kids!  Well, I will start with the much needed adult trip to Chicago last weekend for Tim and I.  It was the 10th annual Tom Hanks Day!!  If you don't know what it is, look it up on Facebook:). Basically it has turned into a charity event created by Tim and his friends, but kept going and was made super big by his friend Kevin.  They basically raise money for Tom's charity, Life line energy.  They help supply schools in Africa with radio technology, among other things, I am giving you the very short version ;). So,  he sends things, they auction them off, sell shirts, drink beer.  It's a great time for a great cause.  Check it out:  http://thetomhanksday.com/http://lifelineenergy.org/

So for Tim and I, it was a much needed trip!  This trip made me realize 2 things. First, I've realized, that to be a good mom, I need to take more time for myself.  And I know some people will think that is not true, but I have come to a firm conclusion, that being solely just a mom, is not healthy.  Now, before you freak out on me, I love my kids more then life.  That is why I spend most days putting them first with everything!!  But, I also have realized over the past few months, that I still need to be me, not just a mom.  I also know that Tim and I are still a couple and I don't want my kids growing up in a house where we are just robots, working, cooking, cleaning, blah, blah, blah....I know they need to see Tim and I, actually liking each other.  And me smiling, not freaking out about whether the laundry isn't done, or how we are going to get to all of our appointments.  I know that I need to take a step back and detox and rejuvenate.  It makes me come home feeling great and ready to play with my kids!  That's exactly how I felt Sunday when I came home!  Relaxed, not hungover and ready to play :). So don't think I am saying I don't want to be a mom, I have been a much better mom this week, because I actually took some time for myself and didn't feel guilty about it:).   And this trip wouldn't have been possible without both of our parents coming down and taking turns watching the kids, so we didn't have to pack them up!!  We are so lucky!!  Thank you xoxo

I tell people all the time how lucky I am to be married to Tim!  He is a pretty nice guy, I guess:). When I married him, I inherited an awesome family, which I am grateful for, but I also inherited an amazing group of friends!  Tim's friends have always just made me feel like I was just part of their group.  I have never been with a group of people who are so welcoming, easy to be with and just fun!   Every time we are with them, it makes me want to hang out more:)  So I have to thank them for helping us have a great weekend too:)

So my bubby boy is doing great!!!  This week he got his ankle braces to help him with standing and keeping them in the correct position.  They are pretty snazzy:).  He had a check up with the cardiologist and everything is great!  He has 2 tiny holes, but they decided to wait for another 2 years to re check them because they don't do anything to correct them at his age when they are that tiny.  So  that can be checked off for a while.  Yay!!  Then yesterday Tim and I spent over 2 hours at U of M getting some equipment picked out for him.  We ordered a bed and a bath chair, pending insurance approval, so keep your fingers crossed please:). We are waiting on ordering him a gait trainer (walker) because we want to his legs to get stronger first, so we are starting some therapy boot camp next week.  He will be going to U of M once a week.  We also have a meeting with the new school district Monday, to see what services he will get there too, so I am excited about that!!  We also learned how to actually use his modified stroller and how to work the base in the house too!  We have been using it, but it has so many things we could use, we just didn't know how.  So that was great info!  We felt majorly accomplished this week!!  We wouldn't have been able to do all of this without my aunt Barb and Jason coming down to help babysit!  Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy with his new ankle braces!!!
Jameson trying to get a cereal puff off of his chin...



Avery is good.  She is starting softball next week (so am I actually:)). She is excited!! She also has middle school open house next week and will get to pick her classes.  She hit a small rouh patch last week, but that was to be expected.  She is doing much better this week.  Jameson is great too.  Causing trouble, in to everything, but we couldn't be happier about it.  He is a little character!

On another note...Please keep Tim's mom in your thoughts, she is having surgery Tuesday.  If you want more info, message me, because I don't know how much info she wants me to tell.  Just keep her in your thoughts and prayers please:).  I will update in a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment