Thursday, June 5, 2014

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy

Well, this Saturday my Bubby will turn 4!!!  4 years old!!  How did this even happen?  Its funny how time has a way of just moving right along. These past 4 years have been such an amazing journey for us.  Tim and I often ask each other, "Did you ever think in a million years that you would have a child with a disability?"  Of course not, who does think that?  But it's funny, because if someone would have told me, that I would have Patrick, 5, 10 or even 20 years ago, I know I would have been perfectly excited knowing that I get to take care of this amazing little boy.  And I am 100% certain that there is no one else in the world that I would have wanted to share this journey with, then Tim. 

                                                      They both look so little :(

That doesn't mean I don't hate PKS....I do!  A lot.  The past few weeks have been a lot of peaks and valleys for me, with his birthday coming.  But I also feel incredibley lucky to have Patrick as mine, and to share this journey with families all over the world.   I often have a hard time, when I see all the things that Jameson can just do, without thinking about it.  The other day, I gave him a juice box, and he just takes it and knows exactly what to do with it. Puts the straw in and drinks it.  No problem  That made me want to break down into a sobbing mess.  Why is it, that he can do it and Bubby can't?  What happened in my belly with Jameson, that was so different than Bubby?  This is something I know the answer to, and that I had no control over, but yet, I still question it sometimes.  These are what I call "Bad Bubby Days."  Those are days when I hate PKS and just want to cuddle Patrick and cry all day.  It's the days when I work so hard to make sure Patrick is included in all the "normal" activities of the day, and then realize, he can't do half of them, but you still do it anyways.  Why??  Because half the time, he is perfectly happy just laughing at his hand instead of chasing ant's around the yard with his brother.  But you do it, because you love him, and you want him to be interacting with others.  He still learns from it and enjoys it in his own way.
Look at my chubby Bubbs. Jameson was born 1 year to the day, after this picture.....weird


We are so grateful for you Bubby!!  For all the things you have taught us in these 4 years and all of the things you have learned too.   When I realize how easy it is for Jameson, it makes me realize how much harder Patrick is working, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Just constantly taking things in and trying to figure things out.  It makes me so proud of how far he has come.  From holding his own cup, to sitting up, to reaching out for toys, putting them in his mouth, being entertained by the iPad, standing with help, his smiles at people and his ability to wrap his arms around you and give a hug.  The list goes on....

Happy Birthday Patrick Michael!!  We love you Bubber Wubbers!
                                          Jameson was in this picture......we just didn't know it yet :)
        
                                                     Celebrating with Tim's Family
 
We will be celebrating this weekend at Avery's softball tournament:)  That girl has just kept us moving this year.  Busy, busy, busy!!  I almost have a 7th grader!  That right there makes me want to start sobbing....for several reasons :)   She had her band and chorus concerts this past 2 weeks.  She makes me so proud.  She had to dress up for chorus, because it was a broadway themed concert.  She chose Gertrude McFuzz, from Suessical.  She is a fun, quirky bird, just like my Avery.  She looked adorable! 
 



                                                                     Sissa :)
                                                           Aunt Barb and My Parents
                                                         Tim's Parents were there too,
                                                         but didn't get a pic before they left
                                                      
 
I just love this picture of her. 

Jameson celebrated his 2nd birthday last week.  That kid!!  He is just the life of the party right now.  He is crazy, funny, and just out of control.  We love it!!  He absolutely adores his sister.  And he is learning how to help take care of Bubby.  He is always coming up to him and giving him his cup....although its more like jamming it down his esophogus.  We are working on the term "gentle" right now :)   I am certain that all my kids came into the world with a purpose!  Jameson's was to entertain and flirt.  He is a charmer.  I see a lot of Tim in him ;)


So the past 2 weeks have been filled with the following:
Concerts
Practice
Games
Therapy
School Picnics
Eye Appointments
Sleep Study
Birthday Parties
Vomit
And Scarlett Fever/Strep, just for good measure.

The 2 appt's I dread the most....Eyes and Sleep Study.
Patrick's eyes are looking great.  Needs new glasses, but not much of a change.  His sleep study was ok.   He hates them!!!!!  So it makes for a long night for both of us :(  They were getting him set up for a mask.  We will get that ordered in the next week. 

Hopefully we are settling down now!  2 weeks until the conference!!!!  CAN...NOT...WAIT!!!!!!


I am hoping I can do another post befor then.  If not, you will be getting one after! 

Enjoy this weather!  (Well, if you live in Michigan anyway....its gorgeous)
                                                      Enjoying the bounce house at his
                                                                     school party

                                                          It's hard work being Bubby
xo












No comments:

Post a Comment